GATX Rail Europe is a leading, full-service railcar lessor offering a high quality and diversified fleet to over 20 European countries. With an experienced, service-oriented team, we are focused on making railcar leasing and rail transport simple, efficient, and seamless thus we have strategically located offices across Europe. At GATX Rail Europe, we strongly believe in our people and therefore we empower, develop and acknowledge them. We communicate openly, value honesty, respect differences of viewpoints and cultures and as a result, we work effectively as a team without barriers. We treat diversity as an asset.
To support our growing organisation we are currently looking for
IT Support Specialist (w/m/d)
Your main responsibilities:
- IT and Desktop Support/System Administration
- Knowledge of best practices around data security
- Supporting Microsoft solutions; especially cloud based O365 & Azure, Active Directory etc.
- Troubleshooting technical issues across different operating systems, various software and hardware, including laptops & desktops, peripheral devices and printers
- Video Conferencing troubleshooting, including MS Teams and various hardware vendors
- Providing technical guidance on applications and security practices as well as preparing documentation and manuals
- Procurement and asset management
- Mobile device deployment and support
- Supporting employee technology lifecycle i.e., hardware, software, mobile, peripherals
- Technical support for onsite and offsite events
- attractive and well equipped workplace in the heart of the city center
- interesting job where you can meet diversified challenges and tasks every day
- international working environment, shaped by team work and a great atmosphere
- appropriate remuneration and social benefits of a modern company
- flexible working time including home office model
- close cooperation and exchange of experience with other skilled teams within the GATX group
- opportunity for professional development with wide range of trainings
You are a good fit if you have:
- Working experience with Microsoft platforms, such as Office 365, Azure and Active Directory
- Experience partnering with external vendors
- Hands-on experience with ITIL methodology (definitely a plus)
- Ability to understand user needs and make right judgment calls
- Ability to draft procedures and documentation, train users in technical topics, and interact positively with higher management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision - must be a passionate and motivated self-starter that can drive initiatives and take ownership of work
- Excellent communication and written skills when working with end users
- Fluency German and English, both spoken and written
- Resilience in learning from mistakes and applying lessons quickly to new situations
- Willingness to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Passion about helping users and delivering satisfaction even when facing difficult circumstances
- Thrive on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Team spirit and feel comfortable with helping others to be successful
We offer a minimum salary of gross € 38,000 per year with the possibility of overpayment according to your qualifications and professional experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Join our GATX team and let’s make railcar leasing easier together.
Want to learn more about us? Watch our video !