GATX Rail Europe is a leading, full-service railcar lessor offering a high quality and diversified fleet to over 20 European countries. With an experienced, service-oriented team, we are focused on making railcar leasing and rail transport simple, efficient, and seamless thus we have strategically located offices across Europe. At GATX Rail Europe, we strongly believe in our people and therefore we empower, develop and acknowledge them. We communicate openly, value honesty, respect differences of viewpoints and cultures and as a result, we work effectively as a team without barriers. We treat diversity as an asset.
To support our growing organisation we are currently looking for
Controller (m/w/d) for Technical Controlling
Your main responsibilities:
- Preparation of regular operative reporting for the management and other departments
- Monthly and yearly analysis of maintenance and repair done on our railcars
- Development of new reports in alignment with our management
- Preparation of maintenance related budgets and forecasts including the analysis of costs and allocations
- Preparation of quarterly plans in cooperation with technical team for the maintenance of our fleet
- Support of the technical team on special analysis beyond regular reporting
- Participation in the development of effective IT solutions and systems
- attractive and well equipped workplace in the heart of the city center
- interesting job where you can meet diversified challenges and tasks every day
- international working environment, shaped by team work and a great atmosphere
- appropriate remuneration and social benefits of a modern company
- flexible working time including home office model
- close cooperation and exchange of experience with other skilled teams within the GATX group
- opportunity for professional development with wide range of trainings
You are a good fit if you have:
- University degree in finance/controlling or comparable commercial education
- Minimum 5 years of experience in controlling or financial area and budgeting
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting
- Good understanding of technical processes and topics
- Excellent Excel skills and BI related tools (e.g. Power BI)
- Knowledge of MS-Access (preferred)
- Fluency in English and German
- Very good analytical skills, ability to challenge the status quo
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proactive, accurate, open and engaged personality
We offer a minimum salary of gross € 66,000 per year with the possibility of overpayment according to your qualifications and professional experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Join our GATX team and let’s make railcar leasing easier together.
Want to learn more about us? Watch our video !