GATX Rail Europe is a leading, full-service railcar lessor offering a high quality and diversified fleet to over 20 European countries. With an experienced, service-oriented team, we are focused on making railcar leasing and rail transport simple, efficient, and seamless thus we have strategically located offices across Europe. At GATX Rail Europe, we strongly believe in our people and therefore we empower, develop and acknowledge them. We communicate openly, value honesty, respect differences of viewpoints and cultures and as a result, we work effectively as a team without barriers. We treat diversity as an asset.
To support our growing organisation we are currrently looking for
Head of Maintenance Systems Europe (m/w/d)
Your main responsibilities:
- Leading the Maintenance Systems & Quality Assurance Team, including resource planning, people management and development etc.
- Ensuring technical compliance to keeper and ECM liability
- Establishing rules and regulations with regard to the maintenance of wagons
- Ensuring harmonization and further development of maintenance standards and guidelines within GATX
- Ensuring risk minimization by optimized maintenance guidelines (VPI, TFA)
- Implementing and further development of Maintenance Management System increasing the reliability and availability of wagon fleet
- Contributing to the development of standards and technical committee work
- Regular reporting to CTO
- attractive and well equipped workplace in the heart of the city center
- interesting job where you can meet diversified challenges and tasks every day
- international working environment, shaped by team work and a great atmosphere
- appropriate remuneration and social benefits of a modern company
- flexible working time including home office model
- close cooperation and exchange of experience with other skilled teams within the GATX group
- opportunity for professional development with wide range of trainings
You are a good fit if you have:
- Degree in engineering
- Solid experience in technical roles in the railway business
- Track record in ECM 2 responsibility
- Sound knowledge in the area of railway directives (ideally wagons)
- Experience in team leadership, ideally in an international environment
- Fluency in English and German
- Result-oriented mindset, driven by strategic thinking and accuracy
- High level of communication skills, ability to engage people and delegate
- Readiness to travel in Europe (around 25%)
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Join our GATX team and let’s make railcar leasing easier together.
Want to learn more about us? Watch our video !