GATX Rail Europe is a leading, full-service railcar lessor offering a high quality and diversified fleet to over 20 European countries. With an experienced, service-oriented team, we are focused on making railcar leasing and rail transport simple, efficient, and seamless thus we have strategically located offices across Europe. At GATX Rail Europe, we strongly believe in our people and therefore we empower, develop and acknowledge them. We communicate openly, value honesty, respect differences of viewpoints and cultures and as a result, we work effectively as a team without barriers. We treat diversity as an asset.
To support our small HR team in Vienna we are currently looking for
HR Manager (m/f/d)
Your main responsibilities:
- Enable the business to achieve their business goals with respect to the HR lifecycles
- Act as trusted advisor to managers on all employee experience topics in Austria, France, Netherlands and Switzerland
- Develop pragmatic and robust solutions to HR issues in conjunction with the business and HR Team
- Proactively handle day-to-day HR transactional activities but also contribute at the strategic level and be willing to question and challenge
- Build strong relationships with local line managers, work as a partner with the business to support the effective and seamless delivery of end-to-end HR processes
- Deliver excellent client service considering diverse cultures during interactions across GRE
- Educate managers on recruitment, performance management, talent and succession planning processes
- Understand the knowledge, skills, behaviors that are necessary to build mid-long range capability in business
- Advise and coach managers in response to inquiries/questions (e.g. policy interpretation, dispute resolution procedures, performance related issues, disciplinary process)
- Co-create/influence remuneration strategy and initiate the necessary changes partnering with compensation & benefits team
- Actively contribute to HR projects and processes development across Europe
- Manage local HR team
- attractive and well equipped workplace in the heart of the city center
- interesting job where you can meet diversified challenges and tasks every day
- international working environment, shaped by team work and a great atmosphere
- appropriate remuneration and social benefits of a modern company
- flexible working time including home office model
- close cooperation and exchange of experience with other skilled teams within the GATX group
- opportunity for professional development with wide range of trainings
You are a good fit if you have:
- Master’s degree in an HR related field or equivalent through experience
- Experience as HR Business Partner and/or HR Manager in an international environment
- Extensive experience in talent acquisition and management, training and development and succession management
- Good working knowledge of local labor law in Austria, ideally also in France, Netherlands and Switzerland
- Experience in managing small to medium HR projects
- Fluency in German and English, knowledge of French would be an asset
- Ability to use analytical data for decision making
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence and coach employees and managers
We offer a minimum salary of gross € 65,000 per year with the possibility of overpayment according to your qualifications and professional experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Join our GATX team and let’s make railcar leasing easier together.
Want to learn more about us? Watch our video !