In 2023, we are evolving our team by implementing our new Market-Driven Sales Organization. Why change? GATX Rail Europe’s strength rests on always being customer and service oriented, which requires that we strategically evolve and advance every year. While doing so, we must keep railcar leasing safe and we must make railcar leasing easier for all by standing by our institution’s key values and mission: provide unparalleled customer service, grow and diversify, and transform to a digital, data-driven company all the while achieving employee excellence.
How will our sales organization improve, exactly? Simply put, we are determined to make both our customers and our organization even stronger in the industry by positioning our sales and service teams on a more local level as well as by becoming more market and customer oriented and expanding our regional reach.
Introducing Regional Sales Offices
Now the details. The reorganization of our market operations focuses on the functions of five regional areas:
- Sales Area North: based in Hamburg for Northern and Eastern Germany and Scandinavian countries
- Sales Area Central: based in Dusseldorf/Zug for the Southern Germany, the Netherlands, and the Non-French speaking part of Switzerland
- Sales Area South: based in Vienna for Austria, Hungary, South Eastern Europe, Slovakia, and Turkey
- Sales Area East: based in Warsaw for Poland, Czech Republic, Ukraine, and the Baltics
- Sales Area West: based in Paris for France, Belgium, Luxembourg, the French speaking part of Switzerland, Italy, and Spain
Each of these areas are overseen by:
- an area manager who leads one of the five regions
- a sales manager who is the primary contact person and responsible for the overall customer relationship management.
- a customer service team to focus on the execution of after-sales activities that will include a customer service team lead, a customer service commercial support, and a customer service technical support
Keeping our one-face-to-customer approach
While maintaining the one-face-to-customer approach our sales force (Sales Manager and Customer Service) is focusing on ensuring the deep technical knowledge of everyone onboard, managing sales contracts, and optimizing the wagons’ availability.
And so, after careful and meticulous planning, we are ready for a successful future and ready to provide quick, customized offers to fulfill your railway transport needs. Ask us any questions you have about our new market operations pillar as our colleagues are reaching out or contact us. We’re also looking forward to meeting you in our new set-up at the transport logistic fair in Munich.