Training & Notifications
Basic training for operating your railcars is a GATX Railcar Handover Service. Since our teams are true, enthusiastic railcar experts who happily welcome every invitation for additional training, we are of course available for additional trainings throughout your lease agreements, when and where you need it.
Usually, we post our available training schedule here, but due to Covid-19, we’re all safer taking a break from onsite trainings. We are currently working on digitalizing our most requested training sessions and will update you here.
Keeping up with new regulations
Sharing relevant regulatory news is an essential part of our service to you. We’re present on all important industry boards, railway and wagon-owners associations in Europe and more. An entire team is dedicated to keep us all informed and shape legislation that makes the shift to rail and ultimately railcar leasing easier.
Associations GATX is part of and / or works closely with
- UIP – the International Union of Private Wagons
- VPI – the Austrian Association of Private Wagon Keepers, GATX holds presidency
- VPI – the German Association of Private Wagon Keepers
- VAP – the Swiss Association of Wagon Keepers
- ASSOFERR – the Italian Association of Wagon Keepers
- AFWP – the French Association of Wagon Keepers
- SWP – the Polish Association of Wagon Keepers
- UIC – International Railway Union
- CER – European Railway and Infrastructure Companies
- ERFA – European Rail Freight Association
- ERA – European Railway Agency
- OTIF – Intergovernmental Organisation for International Carriage by Rail
- GCU – General Contract of Use for Wagons
- Pro Rail Alliance - Germany’s most extraordinary transport association
Here are some of our current undertakings and regulatory topics we are spearheading. If you would like to know more, subscribe to our GATX Newsletter or visit our News section. GATX customers get updated regularly by their dedicated GATX regional teams.